As of January 1st, New Quizzes has been enabled as an option for all courses. The Classic Quizzes engine is on its way out — both will be supported this semester.
Want to get an overview and some guidance on using New Quizzes with the Dynamic Duo? Pop into one of our New Quizzes workshops this semester:
- Wednesday, January 26th, 10:15 – 11 am in Boyer 222
- Thursday, February 3rd, 1:30 – 2:15 pm in Zoom
- Tuesday, February 22nd, 9:30 – 10:15 am in Boyer 222
- Wednesday, March 2nd, 12:30 – 1:15 pm in Zoom
For Zoom meetings, use the same meeting link and password as Instructional Design Office Hours. No RSVP necessary.
Not able to make it? You can check out our recording of a past session on the Canvas: Exams/Quizzes blog page.
Not sure if you’re already using New Quizzes? You can tell if your quiz is a “Classic Quiz” or a “New Quiz” by the quiz icon in Canvas. The rocket ship outline is a Classic Quiz and the solid rocket ship is a New Quiz.
Setting Up Extended Time in Canvas Quizzes for Students with Accommodations
If you have a student with an accommodation for extended time on exams, you’ll need to set that up in Canvas BEFORE the exam begins. This will likely be a two step process depending on your exam settings,
- Set a wider availability window for the student(s) (Canvas Tutorial)
- Extend the time limit for the student(s)
If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com OR visit Instructional Design Office Hours (details at the bottom of this email).
For the SP22 semester, walk-in assistance is available
- Mondays at Winding Hill Café, 2 – 4 pm
- Wednesdays in Zoom 2 – 4 pm
- Thursdays at Café Diem (library), 9 – 11 am