A Trip to Remember

Well what can I say, Greece was such an amazing experience that I am so happy I was able to partake in. I learned so much and saw so many amazing things. It was incredible going from place to place, seeing the sights and hearing about the history and the ruins. It was crazy that so many places we went to, Paul had been there too. There is just not that kind of history here at home, so it was incredible to be a part of that and seeing where he was.

While all of the tours were very cool, one of the things I loved to see as we moved from place to place was the culture of Greece. I was so happy we had free time at each place to walk around. I loved being able to experience each place that we visited on our own, whether it was going to restaurants, going shopping, or simply walking around. Going out to experience it yourself is just so much better than any description that can be given.

One of my objectives was to branch out of my comfort zone a little on this trip, whether it was talking to new people, or experiencing something new. Honestly this whole trip for me was stepping out of my comfort zone. I am not much of a traveler, so after accomplishing that, the rest was simple. I had already traveled to Greece, after that meeting new people and experiencing the culture was easy. One of the things that came in handy on this trip was just going with the flow. It helped a lot. My roommate , her name is also Makayla, actually started saying “It’s fine, everything’s fine” during the trip, and it stuck (this also happens to be the title of her blog post). Soon a lot of us were saying it, and it was true, everything was fine.

I realize there is no way I can put all of this trip into words. It was just an amazing experience and words do not do it justice. While writing this and thinking back to all of the memories, I am missing it a little extra right now. I’m missing the scenery, the culture, the history, the people, and surprisingly, I miss the constant traveling (but only a little bit). I will say that one of the things I will miss the most will be the people I met. I made so many good friends on this trip, and I am so sad it had to end. Now I know some of you might be thinking “won’t she just see them again when school starts back up?” however unfortunately that is not true for me. See I am transferring from Messiah College. Nothing against the school, I had so many great experiences there, and I definitely feel like God wanted me to be at Messiah College for the past two years, but after praying about it, and thinking about it for a long time, I just felt like I needed to be somewhere else, which was a very hard decision to make. So any way, knowing this, the ending of the trip was very sad for me. I will miss everyone I met on this trip, even though I will do my best to keep in touch 🙂 There isn’t any other way I would have wanted to end my time at Messiah College then this way, visiting one of the countries I have always wanted to visit surrounded by such wonderful people.

-Makayla Mullikin

18558609_1526258370720204_3464537118909467176_o