Click here to return to Messiah College's homepage
image of Dr. Cosby

The Legacy of Joseph Barnabas in Cyprus

Paul's mentor and missionary traveling companion

Safe Arrival in Cyprus

August 21st, 2011

Lynne and I arrived safely in Cyprus–jet lagged to be sure. We are just about unpacked in our tiny little apartment. The weather is hot, and we have no air conditioning; so we have some adjustments to make. An explosion near the main power generator for the island months ago took out the main power production part of Cyprus. So there are rolling brownouts. I am glad that I am using a laptop computer and can keep typing with our without the electricity being on.

Overall, the trip was uneventful–that is, if you leave out the fiasco of going needlessly through the security check at Philly (because of bad information given by a US Air employee regarding our checked baggage). By the time I got X-rayed and patted down and had my fingers swabbed for explosive residue, I was a bit edgy. Actually, I was angry. But I will just let that part go for now and write my senator about the situation later.

We have all sorts of things to learn about the banking system, the grocery stores, driving on the left side of the road, and in general learning the lay of the land. Some sleep and a good meal should help restore our sense of adventure.

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on Safe Arrival in Cyprus

Monthly Archives:

Categorical Archives: