January 11th, 2017
President Kim Phipps has been recognized with Credos’s fourth annual Courageous Leadership Award. Presented on Jan. 5 during the Council for Independent Colleges (CIC) Presidents’ Institute, the Courageous Leadership Award is given annually to recognize an innovative leader in independent higher education. To qualify for the award, a college or university president must have served for at least five years in a leadership position at their current institution, and are selected for demonstrating:
- Institutional growth across enrollment, fundraising and retention;
- A proven track record of fostering collaborative relationships among individuals and teams within his/her institution;
- Acknowledgement by peers as being an advocate and champion of higher education;
- Articulation and execution of a clear vision for the future of his/her institution;
- Proven innovation in operations, academics, net revenue, strategic planning, student success, or other critical areas; and
- Strategic, game-changing planning for, and investments in, campus spaces and places.
“We could not think of a more deserving recipient for this award than President Kim Phipps,” said Tom Gavic, president of Credo, the strategic consulting firm for independent higher education that sponsors the award, during the award presentation. “Kim is such an engaged educator and leader, who has given so much to her students and to higher education.”
See the full release here.
Posted in President Phipps | Comments Off on President Kim Phipps recognized with 2017 Courageous Leadership Award