PAFCS Annual Conference by Laura Kreider

April 14th, 2014

This past weekend, I attended the PAFCS Annual Conferences at the Marriott in Lancaster County.  At this conference I had the opportunity to network with many other Family and Consumer Sciences majors, teachers in the field, and other professionals.  I gathered many materials and resources that will help me become a stronger professional and will aid me as resources for within the classroom.  Additionally, I attended workshops that informed me of the many areas of specialization within the field of Family and Consumer Sciences, the issues concerning our state and our content, and the strengths and resources we have at our disposal.

This information will be very helpful as I search for a teaching job this year because I have made several connections with different school districts as well as professional organization that will help me maintain my own level of professionalism.

Today more than ever, it is important to remain relevant and current in our content areas, and attending this conference was one method for me to maintain this goal.  Thank you SGA for helping make this possible!