Dreamers and Seekers

O Canada

May 23rd, 2009

Today we slept in. In a word, it was glorious. Our hosts are Messiah student Martin Tam and his family. Even though they only moved to Toronto recently, they were very helpful in suggesting some city sights, and this afternoon we set out on a Canadian expedition. Toronto is a very clean city. Beautiful, too. It’s exciting to be in a city with such a diverse population. Most of our exploration today involved walking until interesting spots caught our eye. Highlights included the Cathedral Church of Saint James, Old City Hall, and also Little Trinity Church, where we got to ring the bell. An integral part of our quest was to discover a certain sculpture that a friend had photographed during her visit to Toronto. After a search, we found the sculpture but only at a distance.
In the evening we enjoyed the vibrancy of Chinatown. In one of its Vietnamese restaurants we sampled an avocado milkshake and soup with snail. Both were surprisingly tasty. We slowly, though sloppily, mastered the use of chopsticks. After dinner, we marched back toward the subway to take us home. By the end, my sore feet envied the multitude of bicyclists that whizzed past. C’est la vie.

– Sarah

2 Comments

1. Cindy Smith says

“How beautiful on the mountains” (or in the city) “are the feet of those who bring good news,” (Is. 52:7a) even if those feet are very tired.

May 24th, 2009 | #

2. Alison says

Yaayyy!!! I’m glad you guys found the sculpture. My apologies for not getting a chance to send clues… I hope your search wasn’t too much of a time-consuming wild goose chase. I didn’t realize you would be in Toronto so soon after me!

May 24th, 2009 | #

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Sky3c Sponsored by Web Hosting