A Place In This World

California here I come!

12th March 2009

California here I come!

posted in Uncategorized |

On Monday I finally heard back from Disney. I got accepted to the Disney College and Internship program in California! I am so excited. I just hope I use this program to gain experience, network, and jump start my career with Disney. Ultimately, I would love to do public relations with one of their record labels or their TV or movie division. I just hope this can help me eventually reach that goal.

No matter what I know it will be a good experience for me. I have only lived away from home for one semester of college. The rest I have spent commuting. I loved commuting because it saved me money, I got to spend a lot of time with my family and pets, and I got home-cooked meals everyday. Moving across the country will definitely put me out of my comfort zone, but I feel like I am ready for that. I feel like I need a big change to grow as a person.

In other news…one more day and then it is Spring Break! I am so ready for this break. Although considering I have two rather large projects due the day I come back, and I am going to be working at Rita’s Italian Ice, I do not know how much of a break I am going to get. Oh well, at least I now have California to look forward to!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 12th, 2009 at 3:34 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

There are currently 2 responses to “California here I come!”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On October 17th, 2009, Caroline said:

Wow! A Disney internship! That is amazing. I am a senior in high school and looking at Messiah college. I love their opportunities through the communications department, and it looks like it prepares you very well for a job. Disney would be a dream come true :)

2. 2 On October 24th, 2009, liza_jo said:

Just to let you know, things at Disney are going great so far. I am meeting a lot of people in the communications department, and am currently applying for jobs. Hopefully I can land something for when the college program ends.

As far as Messiah College goes,I may be a little biased, but I do think the communication department is amazing, and getting better with every year. If you end up at Messiah you should join Public Relations Student Society of America. (Excuse my shameless plug. I founded our school’s chapter. haha)

• Calendar

• March 2009
    S M T W T F S
    « Feb   Apr »
    1234567
    891011121314
    15161718192021
    22232425262728
    293031